To ensure transparency with respect to our systems, methods, and policies we not only identify for you the type of data and information we collect from visitors and how we use and disclose it, along with the important steps we take to protect your privacy, we also want to be sure you agree with this Privacy Notice.
We respect and take steps to protect the privacy of our Site's users. We strive to take reasonable care of information we may receive from you.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
By accessing and continuing to use the Site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy statement and freely and expressly consent to the information collection, storage, disclosure and use practices described in our Privacy Notice.
PARTICIPATING VENDOR-PARTNER POLICIES
Web sites that may be linked to or from this Site (including any services and offerings with links to or from this Web site), or Web sites otherwise affiliated with our Site, may have their own privacy statements. Our Vendor-Partners, Affiliate-Partners and others who participate in this Site's services are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude toward consumer privacy. We recommend that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties. Except as otherwise described below, this Privacy Notice does not cover the privacy practices of those third party sites, including our Affiliate-Partners’ Web sites where you can transact as a GovX Member with preferred terms, or any U.S. Military branch association or government trade association or union that is an association partner of GovX (“Association-Partners”) or of other companies that GovX does not own or control, or the actions of people that GovX does not employ or manage. GovX is not responsible for, and does not endorse the privacy or security practices and content of sites to which GovX links.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect certain information from and about our users in three ways (in addition to the usage tracking described below): directly from our Web server logs, with “cookies,” and from users.
• Web Server Logs. When you visit our Web site, we may collect and track information to administer the site and analyze its usage by you. Examples of information we may track include:
• Your Internet protocol (IP) address
• The kind of browser or computer you use
• Number and type of links you click within the site
• City, state or country from which you accessed the site
• Date, time and length of your visit
• Name of your Internet service provider
• Web page from which you linked to our site
• Pages you viewed on the site
In addition, GovX displays interest-based advertising or content on the Site largely associated with GovX products and services using information you make available to us when you interact with our Site, content, or services. Interest-based advertising and content, also sometimes referred to as personalization or targeting, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as purchasing on our Sites, visiting sites that contain GovX content or ads, interacting with GovX tools, or using our payment services. Cookies enable us to learn about what ads you see, what ads you click, and other actions you take on our sites and other sites. This allows us to provide you with more useful and relevant ads and enhance your user experience. For example, if we know what ads you are shown we can be careful not to show you the same ones repeatedly.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our Site.
• User's Personal Information. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, "Personal Information" is any information that identifies you, would enable someone to contact you, or that describes your relationship with us. This includes: name, address, e-mail, telephone number or facsimile number, account number, credit card information, military and other government-issued identification cards and other relevant information you provide to us to verify your qualifications to become a Site Member, conduct a transaction, deliver products and services, administer individual accounts, provide customer support, communicate with you regarding promotions, updates, or special offers that we think may be of interest to you. While you are not required to submit any information to our Site, if you do not provide the requested information, you will not be able to register and become a Member of the Site or access or view product prices, conduct transactions, take advantage of privileged pricing offered by our Affiliate-Partners, and we may not be able to provide you with certain other services. It is our policy is to not disclose personal information collected online or otherwise for any third party direct marketing purposes without first obtaining your consent. We will not disclose personally identifiable information that we collect from you (including documents you provide to GovX) to third parties (including our Vendor-Partners, Affiliate-Partners or Association Partners) without your permission, except to the extent necessary to:
• Verify your current and/or retired status with the associated U.S. Military or Federal, state or local government agency, trade union, trade association directly or through a government employee identification service (collectively, “Verification Sources”). We may reaffirm or re-verify your status with the Verification Sources as needed or required.
• To fulfill your service/order requests and provide customer service
• Communicate with you, including for our marketing purposes
• To protect ourselves from liability
• To respond to legal process or comply with law, or
• Consummate a merger, acquisition, liquidation or other material corporate transaction affecting us or the Site.
• E-mail Communications and Opting Out. We use e-mail addresses and mailing addresses to send out newsletters, new product announcements, ticketing and event information and other announcements with information about our products, services and features. In addition, sometimes we send offers, promotions and other communications to our Members or selected Member groups on behalf of our Affiliate-Partners, Vendor-Partners, Association-Partners and other third parties that have a relationship with us. When we do this, we do not give such third parties your name and address or any other personally identifiable information. To help us measure the usefulness and interest in the information we send, we often receive a confirmation that you received our email and opened it, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from our Association-Partners, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our Members or to ensure that a Member who received access to our Site through their membership with an Association-Partner, remains in good standing. If you receive an e-mail and want to avoid further messages, please look at the end of the e-mail for instructions on how to remove yourself from our Member mailing list. You can also edit your e-mail preferences and opt out of such communications under your GovX.com “My Account” page.
We may employ certain technologies that allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site and using Google Analytics services, we may track where our users travel across the web. When tracking users across the web, we do not collect personally identifiable information. Some of these tracking technologies may be placed or used by third-party service providers like Google to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, report on audience data (such as age, gender, interests) which in some cases may be supported by third party audience data, design interface or quantify usage or Site traffic and to show ads to our users across the web. We prohibit the use of technologies to surreptitiously collect or access your personal information. We may track non-personal information about your visit, including the domain name and the name of the Web page from which you entered our Site, how much time you spent on each of our pages, and the IP address associated with your computer or through Site analytics software such as Google Analytics, we may obtain data such as age, gender, and interests. We may, or we may engage the service of third parties to, also use certain technologies that allow us to count users who have visited certain pages and to track the online behavior of users across the web for use in, for example, retargeting. On-site data collected is used to improve the performance and operation of the Site. In addition, we may share aggregate, anonymous information about our users with Vendor-Partners, Affiliate-Partners, Association-Partners and other marketing partners. This information does not identify individual users and we will not share that personally identifiable information with these third parties.
We take your security seriously and take reasonable steps to protect your information. However, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We take reasonable, appropriate steps to protect against unauthorized access to, and disclosure of, personal information. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. However, we cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any firewalls or secure server software we may employ. Our employees who handle confidential or proprietary information belonging to us or our customers and Site Members must treat it accordingly and are instructed not disclose it to unauthorized third parties. GovX is not responsible for the activities of third-party unauthorized users, hackers or other individuals who gain unauthorized access to the GovX site and information therein.
California law permits residents who have provided personal information to us to request information about disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. As detailed above, our policy is to not disclose personal information collected online or otherwise for any third party's direct marketing purposes without first obtaining the user's consent. As an additional measure, users may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request information about disclosure of personal information and that their account records be noted that they have specifically opted-out of such disclosures.
YOUR INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
You may view, change and correct your personal information and account preferences, including choosing to opt-out of e-mails from us, at any time by accessing your account or contacting us at: Contact us.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We reserve the right, from time-to-time and without advance notice (although we will provide a “Last Revised” date upon any revision), to update this Privacy Notice to ensure that we continue to serve the best interests of our Site users, Vendor-Partners, Affiliate-Partners and Association-Partners. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically to stay informed about our information collection and use practices and how we are helping protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of our service constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any updates.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Notice, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Notice and/or our general practices, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also reach us at:GovX, Inc.