Large dedicated buttons give the user quick access to compass bearing and temperature readings, which can provide crucial information in rescue situations. A new bearing memory function continuously displays the direction reading relative to the user’s initial setting of the traveling direction to the 12 o’clock position. This helps users keep moving in the right direction even in low-visibility environments.
The mode indicator at the four o’clock position features a dial indicator styled like a sprocket, part of the military-inspired styling. The GG-1000 is an ideal G-SHOCK for tough missions in the harshest land environments.
- Construction: Shock-resistant; mud-resistant
- Performance: 200-meter water resistance
- Digital Compass: Hand indication of north (20 seconds continuous measurement); measures and displays direction as one of 16 points; measuring range: 0 to 359°; measuring unit: 1°; magnetic declination correction; bidirectional calibration; bearing memory (records and display one set of degree and direction)
- Thermometer: Measuring range: -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F); measuring unit: 0.1°C (0.2°F)
- World Time: 48 cities (31 time zones, coordinated universal time); city code display; daylight saving on/off
- Stopwatch: 1/100-second stopwatch; measuring capacity: 23:59’59.99”; measuring modes: elapsed time, split time, 1st and 2nd place times
- Countdown Timer: Measuring unit: 1 second; countdown range: 60 minutes; countdown start time setting range: 1 to 60 minutes (1-minute increments)
- Alarm: 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm); hourly time signal
- Other Functions: Full auto-calendar; 12/24-hour format; button operation tone on/off;full auto LED backlight with afterglow: 1.5/3.0 seconds;
- Battery Life: Approx. 2 years on SR927W × 2
- Size of Case: Approx. 56.2 × 55.3 × 17.1 mm
- Total Weight: Approx. 92g