The KettleCharge provides off-grid power in a matter of minutes using nothing but heat and water. Perfect for camping or power outages, the KettleCharge will keep you charged day or night with BioLite's core thermoelectric technology.
The Thermoelectric Generator [TEG], located on the base of the KettleCharge, uses a difference in temperature to produce electricity. This comes from having a hot side and a cold side of the TEG.
- Fill Add water to the stainless steel kettle. The water serves as the cold side of the TEG
- Heat The flame of your heat source in contact with the baseplate is the hot side of the TEG.
- Charge As you bring the water to a boil, electricity is produced and sent to the Power Handle, leaving you with potable water and 10W of usable power.
- 10W On-Demand Power : Charge with the strength of a wall outlet
- Smart LED Dashboard: Instant feedback on heat and charging for optimal use. An audible alert sounds if the unit is getting too hot, helping to prevent accidental overheating and damage.
- Battery Boost: Stores power for a quick charge with no heat or water
- Folding Power Handle: Packs flat and angles up for perfect pouring
- 750ml Stainless Steel Kettle: Boil water for cooking, drinking, cleaning
- Multi-Stove Integration: Use on gas ranges, backpacking stoves,and BioLite CampStove
- Flexible USB Extender: Charge gear while keeping it safe from flames
- USB Power Output: 10W (5V, 2A)
- Charge Time 15 min charge = 5 hours talk, 5 hours video, 20 hours of audio (output varies by strength of heat source)
- Height: Handle folded: 2.91" (7.4 cm); Module up: 7.32" (18.6 cm)
- Weight: 2 lbs (32 oz)/ 907 g
- Compatible Devices: Powers most USB-chargeable devices including tablets
- Battery: Safe lithium iron phosphate (LiFeP04), 1250mAh
- Max Fill: 750 ml
- Materials: Stainless steel, aluminum, high-temperature plastic
- In The Box: BioLite KettleCharge, Heat-Resistant Flexible USB Extender, Instructions