In July of 2006, college student Nate Alder was on a trip to Brazil and went scuba diving with some friends. He learned in his training that divers used noble gas in their dry suits to help them stay warm while diving into frigid waters. Noble gases, such as argon, are safe, non-flammable and eco-friendly. As a snowboard instructor and avid outdoor enthusiast, Alder wondered, “Why couldn’t this concept work in other outdoor products like snow gear and camping equipment?” While still in school at Brigham Young University, Alder started recruiting a team that could help build this idea into a business. The team came together about a year later and by 2008, work had started on the initial prototypes for Klymit® NobleTek™ insulation.
How it works
NobleTek™ Gas Insulation
The key technology behind the klymit NobleTek insulation is noble gas. The reason why noble gasses are such great insulators is becaus of their low thermal conductivity. On this graph you can see thickness on the bottom an heat loss on the left. The thicker the insulation, the less heat is lost.
- The top line on the graph is an average value for the industry leading natural and synthetic fibers.
- The bottom three lines are values for the gasses klymit uses: Argon, Krypton, and Xenon.
- The yellow line shows that 4.5mm of argon has the same thermal conductivity as 14mm of fiber insulation, making argon more than 3 times more efficient.
Bamboo Carbon Fabrics
If you have ever worn the paregoria stretch, you know that a bamboo carbon fabric is stretchy, super soft, ultra comfy and soft, but there are all kinds of awesome benefits to using a bamboo fabric Why is Bamboo Carbon so awesome?
- Anti-Microbial-Bamboo carbon is a natural negative ion generator. High concentrations of negative ions limit bacterial growth. This is why salt is a preservative, and why bamboo stays stink free.
- Quick drying- Bamboo fibers grow quickly because they rock at moving moisture to their leaves. when you make a fabric from it, it still rocks at moving moisture, just with fewer leaves.
- Organic Quality more accessible - bamboo is often grown without pesticides or fertilisers.
- Soft- bamboo is soft.
- Sustainable - Moso bamboo is one of the world’s fastest growing plants, growing up to a metre in a day. Bamboo is a grass, so once cut it can regenerate quickly without the need for replanting. It grows very densely and so the yield per acre is high in comparison to cotton.
- Eco-friendly - bamboo absorbs 35% more carbon dioxide than equivalent stands of trees.
- Absorbent - bamboo absorbs up to 60% more water than cotton. This makes it an excellent choice for towels and bathrobes.
- Breathable - the porous nature of the fibre makes it breathable and extremely comfortable against the skin.
- Thermo-regulating - Bamboo fibres expand when warm to let skin breathe, and contract when cool to trap heat close to the body.
- Hypoallergenic - bamboo"s organic and natural properties make it non-irritating so perfect for extra sensitive skin.
Heat Welded Seems
Heat welded seams are made by taking two pieces of synthetic fabric and laying them with a small overlap, then having a die heated and compress the fabrics together. The combination of heat and pressure allows the fabrics to fuse. This fusion eliminates the reliance on the tensile strength of a thread that runs through the fabric, making it stronger than any swen seam. In our testing, our welds are the strongest part of our gear. This method eliminates the opportunity for water leaking, this makes reduces the need for seam tape and saves weight. It is saving material, weight and making gear tougher.
Durability = reliability
Since its introduction, Klymits innovative technology has been recognized by some of the most prestigious names in the Outdoor, Science, and Business communities as a leader in innovation.
GovX and Klymit strive to provide the best customer service possible. Klymit merchandise can be returned for a full refund within 30 days of the delivery date, provided the product is in new, unused condition.
If you need to return an item you ordered with GovX.com, contact one of our Customer Support Team members at 888-468-5511 to obtain a Return Authorization Number and return the item within 30 days of delivery*(Do not contact manufacturer directly. All returns must be processed through GovX).
ALL RETURNS MUST HAVE A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER that can only be provided by contacting Govx.com at 888-468-5511 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
*Keep the following guidelines in mind: (i) all items must be returned in new, unused condition, and will undergo quality checks. All product packaging materials--including boxes, manuals, warranty cards, instructions, tags, and any other materials in the original shipment--must be returned with your returned item(s), (ii) our return policy is subject to each Manufacturer-Partner's individual return policy, which may vary from the GovX policy, in which case, the Manufacturer-Partner's policy prevails (See KLYMIT RETURN INFORMATION below), and, (iii) we do not cover postage expense on returned items unless there are special circumstances which will be explained when you call us to arrange for your return.
- All returns must have a return authorization number.
- We recommend selecting a trackable shipping method and keeping the tracking information for your records until the return/exchange is complete.
- Refunds/exchanges can take up to 3-4 weeks or sooner. Shipping charges are not refundable. We do not accept COD deliveries.
- If possible, use the original shipping package for returns and exchanges.
We do not process exchanges. To exchange an item, please return the item pursuant to the Return Authorization number and instructions you obtain from us, and place a new order on GovX.com.